History of Luther Memorial Lutheran Church
(The first four paragraphs are an excerpt from an article supplied and edited by J.D. and Eileen Barger)
Among the first settlers of what would eventually become Greene and Cocke Counties were numerous German pioneers, hailing from Pennsylvania and traveling into our community via Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley. Answering to names such as Uttinger (Ottinger), Icenhour (Eisenhower), Nehs (Neas), and Froscheur (Freshour), these hardy souls settled in the area of today’s St. James and Salem communities. Along with their language, industriousness, thriftiness, and straightforwardness, they brought with them a love of God.
Soon they organized into St. James Lutheran Church, located in the southern end of today’s Greene County. Here they erected a log structure on property given by Revolutionary War veteran John Ottinger. As the families multiplied, they acquired land and built homes in an ever-widening area. By 1845, numerous families, now stretching into the third and fourth generations, lived in northern Cocke County and recognized the need for a church building nearer to their homes. Thus it was that Salem Lutheran Church was organized in the mid-1840s in the home of Michael Ottinger, son of John. Once again a log structure served a fledgling congregation.
After weathering the travesties of the Civil War, both St. James and Salem’s congregations thrived, so that by the first part of the 20th century the need for yet another congregation became evident. This time the need was for a church building approximately 5 miles from Salem’s. After careful and prayerful thought, 54 members withdrew membership at St. James and Salem for the purpose of establishing a new congregation.
An examination of those 54 names shows a prevalence of names such as; Ottinger, Rader, and Hawk. The 54 confirmed members were Dora Bible, Mike Blazer, Will Blazer, Joe Blazer, Myrtle Dearstone, Martin and C. A. Eisenhower, Mary Fleenor, Bessie L. Fox, Mr. and Mrs. A. P. Harkens, Mr. and Mrs. L. A. Hawk, Luretta Hawk, Idella Hawk, Horace and Dola Ottinger, Noah Ottinger, Elsie Ottinger, Caulie Ottinger, Mary Ottinger, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Ottinger, Miller Ottinger, Claude Ottinger, Bruce Ottinger,Vernie Ottinger, Phillip Ottinger, P. E. Ottinger, Cordie Ottinger, James A. and Laura F. Ottinger, D. P. Ottinger, Lizzie Ottinger, Festal and Estal Ottinger, P. M Rader, William Rader, Horace Rader, Britana Rader, Elsie Rader, Nora Rader, Zollie Rader, Conard Rader, Narcissus Rader, Mary Smith, and Dora E. Smith, all from Salem. From St. James came L. G. Easterly, M. L. Hawk, Cary Hawk, Florence Hawk, Edd Hawk, Charlie Hawk, Horace Hawk, Iona Hawk, Will Ottinger, and Ellen Blazer. These adults brought approximately 40 children with them.
(Herein begins the presentation compiled by Steve and Emma Lee Balch.)
In the early 1900s ^ a group of members consisting mostly of Rader, Hawk, and Ottinger families were honorably dismissed from St. James Evangelical Lutheran Church in Greene County, for the purpose of forming together with members from Salem Lutheran Church, a new congregation. Then, in 1909, these members erected a house of worship under the guidance of Rev. Walter C Davis, and organized into a congregation, Luther Memorial Lutheran Church. The official organization date as recognized by the Southeastern Synod was August 21, 1910.
As is recorded in the congregation register on August 21, 1910, ^ a group of 53 members from Salem Lutheran Church and 10 members from St. James Lutheran Church expressed their desire to organize a new congregation, Luther Memorial Lutheran Church: “We wish to express our love for our mother church. We regret to sever our relation with her and do so only on condition that the cause of our blessed Master and of our beloved church will be thus forwarded… We pray that God may guide and bless us all to his praise.”
The first church building was built in 1910 and dedicated in 1911. This church building stood next to the cemetery slightly closer than the present building. The land was given by Mr. and Mrs. Noah Ottinger. The building committee consisted of John Hawk, Connie Rader, L.G. Easterly, and W.E. Bible. These men along with Luther Nease gave $100 each for the church building. The timbre was donated by the Lutheran men of the community. A sawmill was set up on the farm of Alfred Ottinger along Sinking Creek about 1/4 mile from the building site. The timber was sawed by Luther, Harry, and Clark Winter. The church was built by Bruce and Sid Linbarger, members of the St. James Lutheran Church. Sid Lynbarger was the father of Pastor Luke Linbarger who later served as pastor of Holy Trinity in Newport, Tennessee.
The first baptismal record is dated February 9, 1910, and the first Communion record is dated October 9, 1910, conducted by the Rev. Grady Davis, brother of Dr. Walter Davis. Originally communion services were held only once or twice monthly. In the early years of the Lutheran Church, a service was held on Saturday afternoon to prepare for communion on Sunday. This occurred on October 8. Approximately 200 members attended Sunday service with 114 taking communion.
In 1912 ^ and 1913 records show 400-500 people attending church service and 136 took communion. [Writer’s note: it is unclear if this reflects a single service or other time period.]
On March 15, 1919, ^ James F. Nease, J. Frank Nease, Melvin Ottinger, W. E. Bible, and W. E. Templin, members of the Board of Trustees from Salem Lutheran Church, made a deed to W. L. Hawk, Conard Rader, A.P. Harkins, and C.L.Ottinger, members of the Board of Trustees of Luther Memorial, for one third interest in a lot for the parsonage, including one third interest in the buildings at Salem.
In 1925 ^ the walls of the church gave way and the building was rebuilt in the same year. A concrete foundation was poured with Mr. Tip Bible serving as foreman of the second building committee. Water for the church was furnished by a hand dug cistern. It was reported that Noah Ottinger’s son, Lester, who was blind,”worked like a mule”in helping to dig dirt out for the basement. The church was lighted by two gasoline lights that hung from the tall ceiling. The only heat source was two wood-burning stoves. The members cut and hauled wood to the church. Church services were held twice a month. Communion was held twice a year, May and October.
For several years the Women’s Missionary Society was kept alive by three faithful members: Mrs. A.P. Harkins, Mrs. Claude Ottinger and Mrs. Fred Johnson.
Sometime during the 1930s ^ a sacramental set was given by the family of John and Emeline Hawk, to the glory of God and in their memory. In 1934 a piano was purchased, replacing an ‘old fashioned’ pump organ. Mrs. Gertrude Nease served as organist from 1928 until 1958.
In 1938, ^ Rev. Roy B. Setzer accepted the call to Parottsville Lutheran Parish. In the fall of 1940 a building committee of 25 men was appointed with Cecil Hawk as chairman. At a meeting with 23 of these members present it was unanimously decided to dig the basement, repair the church and beautify the grounds. These men. along with Pastor Setzer, dug a basement the length and width of the church which was used for a fellowship hall, Sunday School rooms, and a kitchen
A cross, vases and candlesticks were made from cedar by as Estel .Blazer, a member of the church. The altar was built larger. New altar cloths were added with the initials of IHS. The women of the LCW purchased and made many of the original paraments. The woodstoves were replaced with Warm Morning heaters and placed in the basement. The young people sponsored the beautifying of the grounds under the direction of the pastor. The ugly red bank in front of the church became a padded terrace. Huge boulders were dragged from the Creek for stone steps. Shrubbery was bought and set according to a landscaping plan and a sign board was erected against a background of hemlock. Electricity was installed. The church was covered with a new roof and painted. Luther Memorial was changed from an eyesore to a beauty spot.
For several years on the second Sunday in October, a Harvest Festival was held. The purpose was for the members to bring in the harvest, such as canned goods, potatoes, farm products, and almost anything available. These items were then given to the William Henson home for boys in Knoxville. In the fall of 1939 special guests were the 27 boys and their superintendent from the home. This was an all day meeting with dinner on the ground.
Dr. Walter Davis was called to serve for a second time in 1943.^ He retired in 1956 and moved to Douglas Lake but later returned to Parrottsville to live until his death.
Dr. Davis was followed by the Rev. M. P. Lane in 1956. He and his wife had served as missionaries prior to coming to Luther Memorial.
During the 1950s, ^ a Women’s Missionary Society was re-organized and met once a month for several years. The group disbanded after some years but was re-organized again years later.
Under the guidance of Pastor Lane, in 1959 ^ the congregation began making plans for a new church building, which was to be built about 100 feet to the left of the old building. At first meeting of the church council and building committee, nine pledges of $1000 each, four pledges of $600 and one of $75 were made. The building committee looked at a variety of churches buildings. They decided to follow the basic plan of Oak Grove Church in Bristol, Virginia. The contract was awarded it to Clyde Hodge Construction Company of Dandridge, Tennessee.The subcontractor was Ernest Owenby of Newport, Tennessee.
Ground was broken for the new church on August 28, 1960.^ The cornerstone was laid by the Rev. L. C. Sparks, Jr, president of the Knoxville conference of the Lutheran Synod of Virginia, on June 4, 1961. The old cornerstone, dated 1909-1925, was placed in the vestibule of the new building. Members of the building committee were Charlie Barger, chairman, Bill Hawk, Elmer Ottinger, C. W. Barger, and Roy Smith. Mr. and Mrs. Charles Smelcer served as building fund treasurers.
Most of the old church furnishings were sold at a public auction. The stand for the guestbook and the plaque for the memorial plate, located in the narthex, were both crafted from the old hymn boards by Gray Nease. In the Fellowship Hall there still remains a pew and wooden benches made by Lester Ottinger whose parents had donated the land. Also located there are the original wooden altar, pulpit, lectern, handmade cross, vases, and candlesticks.
The church cost $47,000 without furnishings. The note was paid early. The church furnishings were given as memorial gifts and in honor of loved ones. Many of the furnishings were made by Wolf Brothers and Company of Piney Flats, Tennessee. The water cooler was given by Everett Roberts and the organ was purchased by gifts.
1961 ^ – Dedication of the New Building –
On Sunday, November 19, 1961 at 11 AM the new and present church building of Luther Memorial Lutheran Church was dedicated. The Rev. J. Luther Maunery, D.D., president of the Lutheran Synod of Virginia, officiated at the dedication and preached the service. Participating in the service was Rev. M.P. Lane, Jr, pastor of the congregation, and the Rev. Walter C Davis, D. D., who organized the congregation and served as pastor from 1910-1911 and 1943-1956. The congregation assembled in the old church building for a brief service of prayer. Then, bearing the Bible and the sacramental vessels, the ministers, choir, church Council, building committee and congregation went in procession to the new building. Charlie Barger, chairman of the building committee, unlocked the doors and presented the keys and the building to the pastor and the congregation. As the procession moved into the new church building the congregation read Psalm 122. The Act of Dedication took place in the building. A new organ had been purchased and installed in the new church for the dedication. Bobby L Smith served as organist and at the conclusion of the dedication service dinner was served in the basement of the old church.
At 3:00 pm the service of Thanksgiving was held with the main address given by Dr. Walter C. Davis. Visiting pastors brought greetings also. The new church building remained open to visitors until 8:30 pm.
Pastor Lane accepted a call in 1962 ^ to Rural Retreat, Virginia, to be near his parents. He died on July 27, 1983.
Pastor S. L. Spangler served from 1962 to 1972 ^ and during this time a new parsonage was built.
Pastor Spangler and his family were the first to live in a new parsonage.
The Rev. Wallace Morton served from 1972 to 1975.
The Rev. Edward Post served from 1976 ^ to 1987. Rev. Post and his wife, Judy ,brought their musical ministrytof the congregation. Mrs. Post was the pianist and choir director at Luther Memorial during their stay. Rev. Post wrote music and sang many beautiful songs and services. Mrs. Post served the community as a music teacher and even at the present time, her students are still serving the community playing piano in churches.
The Good ShepherdA beautiful stained glass window entitled, “The Good Shepherd”, donated and designed by artist Joan Beaver, was placed in the sanctuary in 1984. Pastor Post resigned due to health reasons in 1987 but later returned to the ministry in Mississippi.
Rev. Stephen G. Damos began serving the church as pastor in 1988. ^
The 80th anniversary was celebrated in 1990. ^
In 1992 a new organ was added; the parking lot was paved, and a new lectern and pulpit lights were added. Wonderful gifts of altar kneelers were hand cross-stitched by Wanda Shaver, Edith Shaver, Helen Winters and Anita Voss. The kneelers were given in memory of Charles “Mutt” Shaver by his family. In this same year, a white vinyl cemetery fence and a new public address system were added.
The year 1994 was a monumental one for Luther Memorial. The Roy and Mae Smith Memorial fund was dedicated on Easter Sunday. The interest from this memorial fund will be used for the maintenance and upkeep of the cemetery and church building. New cabinets for the communion utensils and linens were dedicated on Pentecost Sunday in memory of Agnes Johnson who was the pianist at Luther Memorial for many years. This year also saw our youth, along with Salem youth, take a retreat trip to Jekyll and St. Simons Islands, GA. Metal signs were placed on the major highways marking the direction to Luther Memorial Church. . J. D. Barger resigned as janitor after many years of dedicated service. A frost-free refrigerator was donated to the kitchen furnishings by David and Shirley Ottinger and a narthex table was given in memory of Lloyd “Duck” Hawk.
A quartet comprised of Emma Lee Balch, Joan Beaver, Helen Winter, and MaryAnn Damos, was formed by MaryAnn, choir director. They were accompanied by Julie Balch, pianist.The quartet sang not only at church activities but also at various community functions as well.
In July 1995 ^ another church youth trip was taken to Washington, DC. Both Luther Memorial and Salem Lutheran youth (young and old) traveled together period This trip was planned and coordinated by a member of the Salem congregation, LeeAnn Tate. Pastor Damos has worked very diligently with the youth of the parish during his call.
Through the support of Pastor Damos and various church members Habitat for Humanity constructed homes in the Parrottsville area. Pastor Damos completed his doctoral degree while serving at Luther Memorial. He resigned in 1996 and accepted a call to Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
Vicar Jon Parquette was with the congregation through much of 1996 ^ and 1997. With the technology age upon us both Salem and Luther Memorial voted and purchased a computer and printer system with Internet capabilities to be placed in the church office located at Salem Lutheran. In July 1996 a trip was taken to the Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
1997 ^ brought a call to Pastor Claude Villimere. His term of call was 1997 to 2000. A combined parish trip was taken to Nashville, Tennessee, in July 1997.
In 1998 ^ the parish youth journeyed to a retreat in the Isle of Palms. With friends of the community and combined church members an excursion was also taken that year to Niagara Falls, New York, and into Canada.
The year 2000 ^ was a time for the beginning of a new phase in the future of Luther Memorial Church. Physical and financial changes were to begin with improvements and celebrations this year. A longtime supporter of community churches, Clinton Ottinger, provided a $15,000 gift to the church, and the Clinton Ottinger Memorial Fund was established. A new gray, metal roof was installed with money from both the Ottinger and Smith trust funds, under the supervision of J. D. Barger for a sum of $5,000. Church member Baxter Thornton oversaw the project with Joe Bible the installer.
Luther Memorial celebrated its 90th anniversary.
Continuing with improvements under the guidance and leadership of Rev. Reyelts, in 2001, a propane gas heating system replaced the old oil furnace for the church. Improvements were made to the parking lot and new parking signs were installed for handicap, pastor, and visitors. Elmer Ottinger, a longtime member of the church celebrated his 90th birthday in March, and in July a parish bus trip was taken to Washington DC.
Rev. Paul Reyelts assisted the congregation as interim pastor in 2002. New pew pads were purchased and the first mailbox was placed at the church in this year. The address became: 1865 Luther Memorial Rd. Parrottsville, TN 37843.
With Salem the first part-time paid administrative assistant, Jan Ball, was hired. Steve Balch, with some financial assistance from the church, completed a course of study for lay leaders, Southern Appalachian Lay Leadership training sponsored by the Southeastern Synod of the ELCA.
In 2002 ^ Rev. Kathleen Yates accepted a call as pastor of Luther Memorial and Salem churches. More changes and improvements were to be made. The Sunday morning worship service time schedule was changed from an alternating time to a fixed timeframe altering a long time tradition. New worship time was set at 9:15 AM for Luther Memorial and 10:30 AM for Salem. A telephone was installed for the first time with the number 423-623-3534. A large safe was purchased under the leadership of Baxter Thornton for the protection of church documents and records. A sizable donation was made to the church through the Mary M. Harkins estate in 2002 and 2003.
In 2004 ^ the interior of the church was repainted. A $15,000 donation was made to habitat for humanity for use in the building of the Baxter Thornton Memorial Home in Newport Tennessee. This home was completed and dedicated in this year. With matching funds from Thrivent, three families with 18 people in one home near Luther Memorial were assisted. Wood for heating, clothing, food and many Christmas gifts for the children were provided. With this help, one family was able to seek other living arrangements and begin a more stable lifestyle again. A contribution of $1000 was made to the Newport Bread Basket organization. A donation of $1000 was made to the Meals on Wheels organization. A gift of $500 was made to the ELCA International Relief Fund.
In 2005, ^ Tom Hamilton of Hamilton Construction completed an addition to the church, which included: a restroom, with accessibility from both the interior and exterior of the building and a wheelchair ramp. The cost for this project was more than $23,000. Artist and church member, Joan Beaver, presented a new print of the church with the new addition included and donated one to each member of the congregation. A $1000 contribution was made to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Food and personal supplies were sent to a church in Mississippi who was housing flood victims. A new flagpole with memorial plaques were purchased and installed. The basement fellowship hall and kitchen areas were refinished with tile flooring. Plans for new cabinets and additional improvements in the kitchen area were discussed.
Interim pastor, Rev. Connie Bramlett, replaced Rev. Gates in 2006. ^
Continuing with improvements to the physical church building, Tom Hamilton built and installed a portable altar and new railings to be used at Communion services. A new refrigerator was purchased. Outside guttering was added to help alleviate a water seepage problem in the basement. Signs were placed in the parking lot. In September work began on placing a new sink and new cabinets and cabinet tops in the kitchen. Ray and Margaret Blazer, L.V. and Mabel Blazer, Jeanette Nease, and Eldise Smelcer spearheaded this project. Barry Ottinger completed the tile flooring. Upgrades were made to the restrooms.
A church women’s group was formed on January 8 with 15 charter members who became very active in many aspects of worship, visitations, and church improvements. The following were charter members of this newly formed group: Patsy Ottinger, Erma Lowery, Shirley Ottinger, Emma Lee Balch, Joan Beaver, Eldise Smelcer, Marie Ottinger, Janice Smith, Eileen Barger, Jeanette Nease, Mabel Blazer, Donna Florio, Marianne Hartgraves, and Pastor Kay Yates.
A Sunday School room was repainted and other improvements were made to accommodate a growing number of youth members. Adult Sunday School continues to be active in many areas. New hymnal editions, Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW) were ordered to replace the currently used edition.
With the help of the women’s group and all the church members many contributions were made to the community. The old piano was given to the Boys and Girls Club of Cocke County. The pastor of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church was assisted with money because of a house fire. Other assistance was given to Habitat for Humanity, Baptist Convalescent Center, an additional sum went to ELCA mission work, Easter baskets for children, visiting the sick im the community, Christmas baskets for shut-ins and needy, and the sponsorship of a family for Christmas. Appalachian Helping Hands of Greene County was provided with donations and given all items not sold at the yard sale
.On February 11, 2007 ^ Pastor Connie Bramlett resigned and pastor Ed Wolf was accepted as interim pastor.
The new ELW Hymnals were used for the first time. Gifts of new hymnals were given in memory of former pastor Wallace Morton. Plans are beginning to be made for the 100th church anniversary in 2010. Repairs were made to the roof and landscaping was completed. The parsonage committee reported that an estimate of $25,000 was needed to make repairs to the parsonage with one third of the cost coming from Luther Memorial. New carpet was purchased and installed in the sanctuary of the church.
The women’s group was busy this year. The second annual yard sale was held. Alice Rader donated a quilt to be raffled at the yard sale. Matching funds from Thrivent were received. With these funds they were able to donate $1434 to refinish the wood floors at the parsonage. They also gave money to purchase a new stove for the parsonage. T-shirts with the church logo were presented to each member of the group by Shirley Ottinger. The group also bought eight goats for a cost of $200 to aid the ELCA World Hunger and Disaster Fund for the impoverished in Haiti. As a celebration, the congregation enjoyed preparing the first breakfast in the new church kitchen.
Pastor Wolf resigned on July 17, 2007 to accept a position as mission pastor in Jonesborough, Tennessee.
The church continued its giving to the community included: the women’s group helped feed 50 at this year’s Bible School at Salem. They also gave postcards and cards to shut-ins, visited shut-ins, and gave out water at the Parrottsville Heritage Day celebration. Other areas of helping by the church include contributing time and goods to the current Cocke County Bread Basket to assist in feeding the needy, donating to the Gideons organization, and donating to Appalachian Helping Hands in Greene County. The average church attendance for 2007 was 28 people.
Pastor Sterling Nelson was assigned as new transitional pastor.
2008 ^ became an eventful year for Luther Memorial Church. The women’s group had their third annual yard sale with matching funds from Thrivent. Members of the congregation made by hand greeting cards for the disabled veterans. Hand bells were purchased for the youth and special music was presented by them. Continued efforts are being made to identify unmarked graves. A new communion chalice was donated in memory of Ruth Matthews by family members. Again the church helped with various community projects: “box tops for education” for Parrottsville School, donations to the Bread Basket, Appalachian Helping Hands, the Gideon foundation, fruit baskets at Christmas time, and stamps, envelopes, and cards were given to shut-ins. A helping hand was given to an unemployed church member. The average attendance for 2008 was 31.
Pastor Jack Wilder was called as pastor of the Parrottsville Parish on September 7, 2008. Pastor Wilder came from upstate New York but had served previously in the local East Tennessee area.
On 2009 ^ an electronic keyboard was purchased for the fellowship hall with both Memorial funds and money from the women’s group. The keyboard was placed in memory of Erma Lowery and Charles Smelcer, both longtime members.
In preparation for the upcoming 2010 ^ anniversary, a committee was appointed by council consisting of Pastor Wilder, Chairman Eileen Barger, and Jeanette Nease. Bishop Julian Gordy of the Southeastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America will attend the celebration and preside at the service.
A donation of $200 was given to Cross of Grace Mission Church, Jonesboro, Tennessee. Steve Baltch continues to serve as a speaker in the absence of the pastor. The community Eastern Sunrise Service was held at Luther Memorial. On Memorial Day American flags were placed by the youth group on each veteran’s grave.
Community projects for 2009 are the following: Habitat for Humanity; Grad Fest; the Bread Basket; various Parrottsville School projects; providing candy and other items for both churches’ children’s sermons; Appalachian Helping Hands Ministry (both monetarily and with unsold yard sale items).
Continuing, activities of the church are visits, giving cards and stamps, and food baskets to those in nursing homes and those who are homebound. A cancer patient in the community was helped with doctor bills, a project of the youth group was a collection of pennies which netted over $175. Part of that was given to Children’s Hospital of Knoxville and Appalachian Helping Hands, and the remaining is to be donated at a later date.
As 2010 begins, many things have been completed but many are only in progress. The year saw a milestone in joint ministry at Lenten services. Pastor Wilder along with Pastor John Wilson of Parrottsville United Methodist Church conducted full communion services for the first time. The community Easter Sunrise Service was held at Luther Memorial. Repairs to the furnace and outside painting were completed. The church council authorized sending $200 to the Haiti Relief Fund and the same amount to a family in the community whose home burned.
The annual yard sale was held with more than $900 being made. Some unsold items were donated to Appalachian Helping hands and some to nursing homes for bingo time. Ken Hartgraves, treasurer, resigned and Shirley Ottinger was elected to that position. The women’s group has been a true asset to the church. It has been led by presidents: Jeanette Nease, Violet Carpenter, and Marianne Hargreaves. Shirley Ottinger has held the treasuree’s position since 200 and secretaries have been Marianne Hartgraves, Janice Smith, and Emma Lee Balch. The youth Sunday school class used their remaining pennies collected in 2009 to purchase school supplies for three children whose father had recently lost his job.
At this time plans are being finalized for the 2010 anniversary celebration. A new American flag was donated by Modern Woodmen of America. Another American flag, provided by Eldise Smelcer, will be flown in honor of her husband, Charles Smelcer, during the anniversary celebration.
In February, 2013, ^ Rev. Patrick McLaughlin became pastor of the Parrottsville Lutheran Parish. One of the most noticeable of the changes Pastor Pat brought to this parish was the making of a garden to help in God’s command to “feed the poor”. This has been a wonderful project for bringing the members together.
In the spring of 2015, the Common Grounds Ministry began as a project to offer a place within the city of Parrottsville for Christians to gather once a week for fellowship. It is located in the Fellowship Hall of the Parrottsville United Methodist Church, downtown Parrottsville.
Regretfully Pastor Pat moved on to pastor a church in College Square Texas. and the parish is now looking forward to a new pastor in the near future.